Review: Parallel by Claudia Lefeve

YA Time Travel
Date Published: 8/26/11

Destiny has a way of catching up. 

Saddled with powers she doesn't understand, Etta Fleming's world is turned upside-down the day she meets Cooper Everett, the man who transports her to an alternate reality. A reality she was meant to be a part of. 

One minute, she's an orphan living at Dominion House for Girls, an institution for delinquent foster kids, then finds herself attending the exclusive Dominion Hall Academy. 

Plucked from the only world she's ever known, Etta now has to deal with an aunt she never knew, a boyfriend she doesn't know, and a best friend who can't know. 

PARALLEL is the first book in the Travelers Series.



My Rating:


My Review:
I want to start off by saying that wow, if I was in her shoes, my head would have exploded from all of the craziness! 

Etta is a girl who has pretty much had the short end of the stick her entire life. So when she goes from being in foster care to another reality where she is at the top of the social chain. There are twists and turns the entire way and it is definitely a fast paced read. The plot was very interesting and different. 

From the beginning when Cooper is "explaining" things to her it was just hard to feel like I was getting enough information. I think the secrets and witholding of information was a little too much. It got to the point where I was doing so much guessing and trying to answer questions myself that I felt the author should have answered for us. 

I found the relationship between Cooper and Etta a little frustrating at times. I understand why it was that way, but for me it wasn't what it could have been. 

I am interested to see where book #2 takes us though! 

Post a Comment

0 Comments