Author Spotlight: Cambria Hebert






Author Bio:
Cambria Hebert is an author, a blogger and a latte sipper. She has an irrational fear of chickens, is obsessed with werewolves and thinks math is equivalent to human torture. She is the author of the Heven and Hell series and hosts a weekly blog talk radio show called JournalJabber. She currently resides in North Carolina with her husband, two children and house full of pets.


Contact Cambria Here:




Website
Twitter
Facebook


INTERVIEW




Is There a Message in Your Novel That You Want Readers to Grasp?
I think that the message is that strength and beauty come from within. We all have days when we look in the mirror and don’t like what we see. I think most of us at some point feel uncomfortable in our own skin. But I think we all need to remember that what’s on the inside makes what is on the outside shine. Sometimes we have to push out of our comfort zone to be rewarded with want we want. 
I think Heven does this in Masquerade. She begins the novel in one place and she grows up a lot. She changes in a  lot of good ways.

And of course, I just want people to enjoy this book. I want them to be able to escape their world and dive into this one.  


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Sam was a challenge to write. He is very mysterious in the book and he was that way with me for most of it!! I know him a lot better now and I guess you could say our relationship is easier, he seems to trust me more. LOL. 

Also, I think just making sure that I say everything I want to say. Making sure the reader grasps everything and understands everything. 


How many books have you written and which is your favorite?
When I was about 14 or 15 years old I wrote a book… it still is in the bottom of my closet. I don’t think I will choose that as my favorite because it isn’t very good! LOL. There are four novels in the Heven and Hell series, all of them are written except the last one, I just started it. I also have 5 novellas written and published, two of which are part of the Heven and Hell series. I have also written a middle grade book titled The Secret Ingredient, it is currently unpublished.

In addition to all those I have another series that is four books (it’s a werewolf series) that is written but unpublished as well. That was my first series and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Trying to choose a favorite book is like picking between your kids… it’s not something I can do.

I will say that I am most excited about the third book in the Heven and Hell Series…. Tirade. I’m not sure when it will be published yet. Hopefully this fall.


If You had the chance to cast your main character from Hollywood today, who would you pick and why?
This is a hard question! I have such a definite picture in my head for my characters that it is hard to choose someone else to play them. But I will do my best! Lol.

Heven- I think that Hayden Panettiere would fit Heven’s part well. She has a great look and hasn’t really been defined by a certain big screen role yet. Sometimes it’s hard to pick someone who is so firmly identified with another character, do you know what I mean?

Sam- I have so many picks for Sam. LOL. I think that Zac Efron would make a good Sam. Many of my fans think that Shiloh Fernandez would make a good Sam, and I think he has a good look. 


When did you begin writing? 
I’ve been writing since I was a teenager. As I said, I wrote a book when I was 14 or 15 and I also wrote a lot of poetry. Then life kind of happened and I didn’t write for a while. But then about 6 -7 years ago I started again and it grew from there. 


How long did it take to complete your first book?
Well, my first book was The Secret Ingredient the middle grade book. It isn’t very long but it took a long time to write because I just had my son and I only wrote periodically and not every day. When I started my werewolf series, the first book, Glacier, took about two months. I wrote Masquerade in 2 -3 months. That doesn’t include any editing time. Editing sometimes seems endless!! 


Did you have an author who inspired you to become a writer?
I really admire R.L. Stine. As a kid I LOVED the Goosebumps and the Fear Street books. I still remember reading those Goosebumps books. I loved them. I developed a real love for reading with those books. I love that whole creepy/ fantasy world and I remember when I wrote that book as a teenager I was thinking I wanted to be like R.L. Stine.


What is your favorite part of the writing process? 
Creating the characters, getting to know them. They are like real people to me and I love when they tell me their stories.


Describe your latest book in 4 words.
My latest book is Charade and was released on May 18, 2012
Exciting
Mysterious
Adventurous
Cliff-hanger


Can you share a little bit about your current work or what is in the future for your writing?
I’m currently working on Tirade, the third book in the Heven and Hell series. I am doing some editing and rewrites on it. I am very excited about this one, I think it’s my favorite book in this series.
I am also considering getting my middle grade novel out there into people’s hands and I have an idea for a new YA series that I would like to start writing and researching.
Mainly, I hope to keep writing and to keep putting books out there for people to enjoy!





FIND MY REVIEW OF MASQUERADE HERE






Purchase Links
Links to Purchase


Post a Comment

0 Comments