Tuesday, May 1, 2012

REVIEW: Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout





Title: Obsidian (Lux #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Date Published: 5/15/12
Publisher: Entangled Teen

Synopsis:
Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.


My Rating:




My Review:
My Goodness, this goes to show when I see the same books being read and rated 4 and 5 stars over an over, I must read them ASAP.


I kept seeing this book on all of the Goodreads ebooks lists. So I figured I'd give it a try. And boy am I glad that I did! 


This book was great. I love that it could fit into the YA genre without being exactly like every other book out there. 


Jennifer L. Armentrout connects with bloggers by mentioning many aspects of our lives as Katy is a Book Review Blogger. I thought that was very nice for her to do! Shows her appreciation.


Katy is such a likable character. I really felt the connection with her, especially when it came to Daemon. 


Goodness, we just need to move on to Daemon now. He was so "that guy" from paranormal books, but in a good way. He was such a prick, lol, most of the time. But I loved the way he bantered with Katy and even though she "thought" she couldnt stand him, she was pulled into his forcefield just like I was. He is definitely the type of character and even person who you dont want to like and you cant figure out why you like him and then you realize oh wait I dont like him, I freaking LOVE him! ; ) 


This was a very imaginative world Armentrout has created, I liked that it was Sci-Fi without being overly so. If that makes any sense. Can not wait to read more in the series! Definite keeper! 

2 comments:

Addictive Passions said...

Hi Cami,
Megan here over at Passionate Encounters. Following you through book blogs, just saw your message that you posted on March 8th. lol. I love your site, will look forward to checking back.

Danmark said...

I loved every minute of this book. The dialogue, romantic tension & action were great. Loved all the characters. Love the focus on Katy & Dee's relationship, and of course, the guy--Daemon Black. Smokin hot & obnoxious as hell. Sigh. Absolutely can't wait for the next book in this series.

Post a Comment