Tuesday, May 1, 2012

REVIEW: Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward






Title: Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10)
Author: J.R. Ward
Date Published: 3/27/12
Publisher: NAL


Synopsis:
Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment is a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance- and is unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams—trapped in a cold, desolate netherworld—he turns to the angel to save his former mate, only to despair at the path he himself must take to set her free. As war with the lessers rages, and a new clan of vampires vies for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past, and a future that he doesn’t know he can live with… but can’t seem to turn away from.


My Rating:




My Review:
I want to start off by saying that this was actually the first series I ever read that was not a Young Adult. To this day it remains one of my favorite series ever. I love the world Ward created for the Black Dagger Brotherhood and I love all of the different Heroes she has written about so far.


I have been one of the fans who has been NOT SO PATIENTLY waiting for a Qhuinn and Blaylock story, and when I picked this up it was for the sole purpose of seeing what would happen with them in this story. I dont know why, but I really never connected much with Tohr and didn't see myself being invested in an entire story about him.

Boy was I wrong! How did I ever doubt J.R. Ward? I was so very surprised at just how much I loved this book. I loved how Tohr was so dead set against falling in love again. He was so very broken and it was just amazing to watch his struggle. 

I honestly just love this series so much. 

As a note, yes you get Qhuay in this one... it may not be exactly what you are looking for with them, but as you might have noticed from previous books, Ward LOVES to have their relationship all kinds of messed up! 

Great addition to the series and as always, I cannot wait for the next one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment