Saturday, May 5, 2012

REVIEW: Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Title: Beckoning Light (Afterglow #1)
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Date Published: 7/25/11


Synopsis:
As Charlotte steps through the gate, she has a strong feeling that nothing will ever be the same again.


Moving back to South Carolina after three years away, Charlotte knows she's going to have to face people from her past and adjust to a new high school, but she's completely unprepared for what else waits for her in Charleston. 


Drawn through an old garden gate, Charlotte discovers a hidden world where she meets Calvin, a boy to whom she is inexplicably attracted. As Charlotte is pulled deeper into this hidden world, it's up to her older brother Kevin to rescue her. No matter how hard Kevin tries, the rescue depends upon Charlotte fighting her intense feelings for Calvin while mastering a set of abilities that she has only just discovered she possesses


My Rating:




My Review:
This story stared out a bit odd for me. I had a hard time figuring out what was going on, I was a little lost. I know from the beginning that James made me extremely uncomfortable and I did not like him one bit.
When Charlotte finds the key and meets Calvin for the first time, I was a little shocked at how quickly things progressed for them, now, this is explained later on.




As the chapters flew by I was hooked. I absolutely loved Kevin and Liam I thought they were both just all around great guys. Kevin was that pesky older brother who you just loved and Liam is the great guy friend.




The world that Alyssa Rose Created is absolutely breathtaking. This is a place I would love to escape to.
Once this book gets going and all of the secrets start unraveling you find yourself so engrossed with the story and the characters you can not put it down.


I myself am at a loss for who I want Charlotte to end up with. I know that she "belongs" with one, but I can't help feeling something should happen with another. And then there is James who I am shocked to say I actually kind of love now.


This is a GREAT young adult world and I can not wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment