Thursday, April 5, 2012

REVIEW: Death's Promise by Cheryl Twaddle



Title: Death's Promise
Author: Cheryl Twaddle
Date Published: 1/7/12

Synopsis:
Annabelle Roberts is a young girl who is able to travel through time when she dreams.She has no idea how or why she does this and can't seem to control any of it. What she doesn't realize is that she was once a powerful being who held the souls of the dying in the palm of her hand. Then Orin, a boy who keeps popping up in her dreams, walks into her English class one morning and a black bird named Jett tries to steal her heart. Will she have to choose between the two of them and will her life ever be the same again?

My Rating: 3.5 Stars




My Review:

I Love it when a YA/Teen book has a premise that I am not used to reading day in and day out!

Cheryl Twaddle has created a unique story! Let me just start off by saying the Synopsis does not do the book justice!

Annabelle's character was frustrating at times because she just sat back and took everything people threw at her. She is not treated well by anyone around her. It's quite sad actually. Makes you think of all of those bullying commercials on TV these days.

I loved Jett when he first appeared. Maybe its because Annabelle was so taken with him. After about a chapter though, he got way too pushy!

Orin, oh Orin. For someone Over a thousand years old, I sure wish he would have stepped up! He just sits back for the most part. I would have liked one of the male leads to be a mix between Jett and Orin!

I would have liked a little more romance from the get go, but once it got going it was sweet and definitely present. The beginning of this book seemed a little slow, but the end has so many twists and you will be on the edge of your seat. I don't know how many times I said, wow, I didn't see that coming.

This was definitely a solid plot and it will keep you guessing to the very end! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a YA Paranormal that is different from everything else out there!


3 comments:

MotherUndercover said...

Great blog! I'm now following!
http://lottielovesreading.blogspot.co.uk/

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
Have a nice day!

Cheryl Twaddle said...

Hi Cami. Glad you liked the book. Love the blog and am a follower!

Post a Comment